" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oriental style Paratha

I am a big fan of sanjeev kapoor in particular his indian recipes.Even if the recipe is tough,he shows it in a simple way and his measurement if taken properly will never go wrong.I am yet to see his new cooking channel but heard about it a lot in FB.This recipe is from Sanjeev Kapoor website Sanjeevkapoor.com.I replaced maida with wheat flour as i don't use maida much at home other than using for baking cakes and muffins.Here goes Sanjeev kapoor recipe:-




Ingredients:-


Wheat flour 2 cups
Salt as per taste
Oil  3tbsp


For filling:-
Cabbage shredded finely 1 cup
Carrot grated 1 cup
Soy sauce 1/4 tsp
Beans chopped finely 1/2 cup
Pepper 1 tsp
Sugar


Method:-


Make a soft dough with wheat flour and salt.Set aside until use.


In a pan take oil,add cabbage,carrot and beans.Stir fry on high till the veggies change colour.Add soya sauce,pepper,sugar and salt.Mix well and fry until the veggies are dry and cooked.


Roll out a thick roti.Place 2tbsp of the stuffing and close the edges.


Flatten it and dust it with more flour and roll out until the stuffing is not seen


Fry both sides with oil.Serve hot with curd and chat masala.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely recipe... loved it..:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inviting parathas,looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. I have one similar to this in my archive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an Innovative idea, oriental style of parathas.. I should definitely try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my fav paratha perfectly made..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the touch of the oriental taste! It looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never missed one of SK shows, few years back. His recipes are awesome, this one sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these today and they were just lovely. I added a bit of mozarella cheese and the kids couldnt stop gorging on them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog